1. What type(interest) of students can choose your designation as their career?
1. Students who are keen to play around with DATA, right from data acquisition to data analysis.
2. Passionate to learn on Databases, Data Architectures and enjoys the end insights from data.
2. What would be the major role of your designation?
1. Design and develop highly scalable data crawlers and build the end to end data acquisition pipeline. This includes data crawling, processing and storage.
2. Ensure Data reliability, efficiency and high data quality.
3. Anchor a team of data engineers on data acquisition and data quality.
3. What would the company expect in the interviews?
Besides the company’s expectation, it’s important to focus on your skill strengths. Companies expect you to have a strong knowledge base on basic technical terminologies and open to learning. It is always okay to have a learning curve.
4. How can a fresher prepare for your role?
If Data is your focus, prepare yourself on
1. Databases ( SQL /No SQL )
2. A programming language that can play on the data.
3. Code Optimisation ( Time and Cost Efficiency Algorithms )
4. Web Services like AWS5. Cloud Management Systems
6. BigData Techniques
5. What are all the basic skills needed?
1. Data Structures
2. Highly rate yourself on a programming language
3. Optimization Techniques
4. Operating system and its commands
6. What mistakes should not be done?
If you are really passionate to learn diversely, its good to make jumps between technologies. Otherwise, focus and self-improvement on your strengths. It is not necessary to juggle. BE OPEN TO OPPORTUNITIES.
7. Is certification necessary and if so what kind of certifications can be done and from which provider will be best?
Not really. Maybe it does have values. But I haven’t opted for any certifications. I do try to attend webinars of my interests like AWS online conferences, pycon ( Python conferences ).
8. What are all the tools are needed or can be used to tool to learn? Self learn. Books and any open-source platforms. Just observe and relate to practical tasks.
9. What would make you the best / unique in the crowd while appearing for interviews?
Having started my career in a startup always acts as an advantage in my career. I got to experience and learn all the verticals in my company right from funding techniques, sales, marketing, engineering and a lot more. I got the chance to anchor a team of engineers and improve my leadership skills alongside.
10. What is the minimum salary range that a fresher would get?
It could be 4-5K for a master’s graduate in Singapore.
Answered by Niveditha Subburaman – Senior Data Engineer at LeadBook, Singapore
If you want guidelines in any other topics you can comment on the topics below we will get it for you. And if you know anyone who will be willing to share guidelines you can comment their LinkedIn URL in the comments